Wakefield College News

Support a fellow student who is volunteering for Raleigh International

Support a fellow student who is volunteering for Raleigh International

by Clare Allcock -
Number of replies: 0

Philip Harrison, one of your fellow students, is raising funds to enable him to volunteer with Raleigh International - he needs your help.

Philip is raising funds to enable him to volunteer with Raleigh International.  If you are able, please support him to raise the final £520 by donating as below.  The amount doesn't matter - it all adds up!

Hi my name is Philip and I am currently doing the Uniformed Public Services course. I signed up for a scheme called ICS (international citizenship service) similar to NCS. The aim of ICS is to make more active international citizens and help the world develop. 

I will be going to Nicaragua with a charity called Raleigh International at the end of June and i will be volunteering for 3 months. I will be teaching a community in poverty how to stay clean and access/use water efficiently. This will help the community have a healthy lifestyle and be able to focus on runing businesses and help boost the countries economy.

I have raised over £900 so far but I need to raise £1500 in total. It would mean alot if you could make a donation to my just giving page at:

www.justgiving.co.uk/philip-harrison5