Wakefield College News

Message from the Principal

Message from the Principal

by Hayley Shillito -
Number of replies: 0

Dear Student

Next week, Ofsted inspectors will be visiting the College to try and get a sense of what it’s like to be a student here.  They will be observing lessons and talking to staff and students in the classroom, and in more informal areas.  They may ask to see work you’ve completed and had assessed, as well as work which is still in progress.  Inspectors will be in College from Monday 27 March to Thursday 30March.

Inspectors could be in any department and they can and will observe classes right across the College.  Please don’t worry that they are judging you – they’re not – but they will want to see what you’re learning experience is like, and they will want your opinions about Wakefield College.

I’d like to request that you ensure you have some completed work with you during the week, as well as examples of work that you’ve yet to complete.

Ofsted are keen to survey as many students as possible about their experiences at the College so please follow this link and complete the on-line survey.  It is completely anonymous and there is no way to trace answers back to any individual, but it is only available until the end of Wednesday next week.

If you have any queries about inspection, ask your teachers or Head of Department.

I believe we’re a really good College with committed and knowledgeable staff who deliver good teaching and learning, and really support students to fulfil their potential.  I hope you agree.

I will write to you again at the end of the inspection to let you know the outcome.

Thanks and regards  

Sam Wright

Principal & CEO