This consultation by Wakefield Council and West Yorkshire Combined Authority is on plans to transform travel in Wakefield city centre. The £13.6m project aims to increase footfall to benefit the tourism, retail and hospitality sectors, increase employment prospects, alleviate congestion, improve air quality and reliability of bus journeys, provide a new cycle lane to link the railway stations to key amenities, employment and education hubs and enhance streetscapes among other things. The areas proposed for change are:
- A61 South of Kirkgate Gyratory,
- Lower Warrengate to Kirkgate Station,
- Northgate, Marsh Way and Access to Bus Station, and
- Peterson Road and Stanley Road.
- Westgate Station, Mulberry Way and Wood Street (North),
- Wood Street (South), Bull Ring and Northgate to The Springs.
Full details of the proposals and a questionnaire are online at https://www.yourvoice.westyorks-ca.gov.uk/wakefield-city-centre. The consultation is open until 28 March 2021.